quarantine 的 2 个定义
- a strict isolation imposed to prevent the spread of disease.
- a period, originally 40 days, of detention or isolation imposed upon ships, persons, animals, or plants on arrival at a port or place, when suspected of carrying some infectious or contagious disease.
- a system of measures maintained by governmental authority at ports, frontiers, etc., for preventing the spread of disease.
- to put in or subject to quarantine.
- to exclude, detain, or isolate for political, social, or hygienic reasons.
- As experts point out, a person who can fly to another country for a vaccine is also a person most likely able to withstand a few more months of quarantine.
- Bypassing the quarantine through advance testing has begun to reverse the trend — Maui visitorship in December was about one-third of normal.
- A member of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s security detail tested positive for the coronavirus Monday, sending Buttigieg into a 14-day quarantine less than a week after being sworn in.
- But, in new research conducted with Digiday, surveying more than 200 senior marketers in Europe, 58% of brands say they saw increased creativity in their in-house teams during a time of quarantine.
- They made just one small slip-up after what they described as months of “torturous” quarantine.
- AIDS insanity: When running for the US Senate in 1992, Huckabee called for a quarantine of people who had AIDS.
- Adding an extra three weeks of quarantine on to every trip makes it hard to fit this coverage into our lives.
- But the secrecy and fear surrounding the once-successful quarantine has now put the region in even greater danger.
- The quarantine had either failed by then, or did shortly after.
- But the quarantine, lifted just 10 days in, was a colossal failure.
- The infection of the eye is very severe and dangerous, and the usual quarantine is to be observed.
- The climax to all of our troubles was the making out of our declaration and being held in quarantine at Ellis Island.
- In 1890 cholera appeared in Tripoli and all steamers stopped calling at the port, to avoid quarantine.
- Martha's pencil followed the list down, making a light check after the name while she dialed quarantine to send in the man.
- All I can say is that full quarantine measures are now in force as of fifteen minutes ago.