- a temple or sacred building, usually a pyramidlike tower and typically having upward-curving roofs over the individual stories.
- any of several former gold or silver coins of southern India, usually bearing a figure of such a temple, first issued in the late 16th century and later also by British, French, and Dutch traders.
- I was informed that this pagoda was formerly one of the most celebrated in China, but it has long ceased to be used.
- The villages we visited, resembled more or less, that we had seen near the Half-way Pagoda.
- The Herren Pagoda has three stories, with a pointed roof, and is distinguished for its external sculpture.
- A single pagoda, five stories high, reminded us of the peculiar character of Chinese architecture.
- But a man can go over to the Pagoda, and tell 'em 'All things are one,' and get three hundred identical opinions to agree with.