- in accordance with or characterized by principles of honor; upright: They were all honorable men.
- of high rank, dignity, or distinction; noble, illustrious, or distinguished.
- worthy of honor and high respect; estimable; creditable.
- bringing honor or credit; consistent with honor.
- British. Abbreviation: Hon.
honorable 的近义词 34 个
- of good repute
- on the up-and-up
honorable 的反义词 13 个
- Associated Press all-American honorable mention Katie Benzan also returns after leading the nation in three-point shooting at 50 percent.
- Misinformation about the Civil War’s causes, and interpretations of facts that recast the Confederacy as honorable, remained a part of some school books near the end of the 20th century.
- In all but the rarest moments of national unity, honorable compromise is what makes liberal democracy possible.
- In India, Modi has ensured it is the media outlets—with a few honorable exceptions—that seek the government’s approval.
- Four individuals, all honorable men, claimed to have placed coins on the deceased Lincoln’s eyes.
- In a way, this is worse than the racism of white supremacists, since this is thought to be an honorable attitude.
- She did what she could and had, as far as I know, an honorable career.
- In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free—honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve.
- Or this: the right-hand side of the body is more honorable and therefore hotter than the left.
-  Bone was an Indianan, and had a long and honorable career in journalism, stretching from 1881 to 1918.
- At Buffalo, where this fountain was exhibited, it received honorable mention.
- It still, I am glad to hear, runs an honorable and profitable course, which its merits well deserve.
- And of that she was equally sure, for how could he do any man or any woman wrong, this sincere and honorable Christian gentleman?
- For at least ten years previous to 1901, San Francisco had enjoyed a period of not only decent but honorable government.
- Against the Stamp Act, honorable members were reminded, there was a special objection to be urged.