- It’s important to recognize that none of the people on Goodell’s staff had any special experience or magical discernment.
- Since men were given the roles of politician and war-maker, it was equally convenient to believe that biology predisposed them to discernment and bravery.
- But his essays show a man struggling to figure out the complexities of discernment and judgment.
- His patience, discernment, and intelligence are much admired.
- I felt I was in the presence of a strong, natural man, gifted with great discernment and ability but full also of human kindness.
- It is the implication that there is a spiritual discernment which is distinct from mental discernment.
- When a man talks about "spiritual discernment," he makes a tacit assertion which ought not to be allowed to pass unchallenged.
- The faculty of reason, then, has excelled this boasted faculty of spiritual discernment in its own religious sphere.
- It may be an idle fancy, but if that string is not a woven strand from some womans crowning glory, then I have no discernment.