- a man who is the head or superior, usually elected, of a monastery.
abbot 的近义词 5 个
- A law like the one Abbot just signed would not be allowed to go into effect, instead drawing time and resources from a conservative legal apparatus that has fought mostly losing battles for the last 40 years.
- Abbot reportedly raised MH17 over dinner and the two are planning to meet again.
- This jibe comes after ads in which Davis attacked the paralyzed Abbot for not caring about other wheelchair-bound Texans.
- The government has approved plans for an expanded coal port at Abbot Point.
- One of those powerful stories is of Christmas Abbot, Ray Biley, and Chazz Rudolph.
- Abbot was a strange friend, but he proved to be very useful.
- Abbot was nothing of a courtier, and, indeed, no very pleasant-natured man.
- The High Church party were then in the ascendant, and Abbot, from various causes, declined from favour.
- Garnache took the Abbot by the sleeve of his rough habit and drew him gently towards the window.
- Unbidden, the Abbot had gone forward through the great doorway and down the gallery that led to the hall of Condillac.
- But the Abbot stepped suddenly to her side and caught her wrist in his thin, transparent hand.