abaya / əˈbeɪ yə /
- In spite of all these changes, the force of the state continued to impose the black abaya in public.
- The other change was in the symbolism of the abaya—its significance was no longer of a religious and social nature only.
- The black abaya and facial covering was imposed on all female government employees, and on schools and universities.
- The heavyset wife wears a black abaya, has facial tattoos and croaks harshly when she speaks.
- On asking the meaning of this occurrence, I was told that they were friends of Abaya and wished to talk with me.
- Abaya, nothing loth, hastened to execute the order, hunting up the Negrito and aiming a terrific blow at him.
- It inflicted a horrible wound, but he nevertheless ran away so fast that Abaya was unable to catch him and finish the job.
- Abaya was one of a few men in Apayao who dared to descend to the lowlands.