plural jinns, jinn.Islamic Mythology.
- any of a class of spirits, lower than the angels, capable of appearing in human and animal forms and influencing humankind for either good or evil.
- “I am on the jinn side myself,” he says, claiming that mental illnesses can have both supernatural and social causes.
- Will University of Tehran political science students be obliged to game out strategies against a jinn?
- Morgiana threw back her black hair, and laughed as would an invulnerable jinn.
- The words genius and genie are evidently cognate with the Arabian jinn, meaning a spirit.
- When his sister-in-law with an army of Jinn pursues the fugitives, the subjects of the rod overcome her.
- Didst thou not assure me that I was free to wander where I would, since there was no longer any that had authority over the Jinn!
- As a sort of inferior and obedient jinn, supplied by Providence and invoked by a gesture to fetch and to carry at need.