cave 的 4 个定义
- a hollow in the earth, especially one opening more or less horizontally into a hill, mountain, etc.
- a storage cellar, especially for wine.
- English History. a secession, or a group of seceders, from a political party on some special question.
- to hollow out.
- Mining. to cause to fall into a stope, sublevel, or the like.to cause to collapse beneath overlying material.to fill with caved-in material: sub-level caving.
- to cave in.
- cave in, to fall in; collapse.to cause to fall in or collapse.Informal.to yield; submit; surrender: The opposition caved in before our superior arguments.
hole in land formation
- The team at Mount Rainier was supposed to look for these snow caves at the end of the spring, after the animals have left but before the snow all melts.
- Other broken-off cave growths had been wielded as digging tools.
- The newly found items include stone tools and pendants made from cave bear teeth.
- His team spends up to 12 hours each time it ventures into these deep caves.
- In response, the angry Amaterasu retreated into a dark cave, thus snatching away her divine light from the world, while the ever-boisterous Susanoo went away from heaven.
- Cast Angelina Jolie in that role with Brad Pitt as the cave hubbie, and maybe we have a blockbuster in the making.
- The existence of the images—which resemble the styles and themes found in European cave art—has been known for some time.
- It surpasses the paintings of horses and rhinoceros from the Chauvet Cave in France by 400 years.
- Scientists have long thought that the oldest cave art was in Europe.
- It was dark, dank, the walls charcoal-colored, the feeling of a cave.
- More soldiers crowded into the cave and Professor-Commander Krafft came in behind them.
- No young Cave Swallows were taken and gonads of adults were in various stages of reproductive activity.
- Profiting by this, Benjy quietly moved away round a colossal buttress of the berg, and took refuge in an ice-cave.
- It was a dangerous journey into this wonderful cave, but sometime Alila must go there, his father said.
- If there be any whose appearance denotes a more than common birth, treat him with due respect, and conduct him to my cave.