- the rank, rights, privileges, or jurisdiction of an abbot.
- the term of office of an abbot.
- Robert Ramsey succeeded to the abbacy in 1346, but of him nothing particular is recorded.
- Falling into disgrace at court, he was banished to the abbacy of Bonport.
- "Thou givest the abbacy to him above us all," said Brenainn.
- And then were the charters of the King concerning the gift of the abbacy produced and read in full audience.
- The tower was built by Clement Lichfield in the last years of his abbacy, and hardly finished at his resignation in 1539.